Updated on: June 3rd, 2023.
- THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
The operator who is also the party responsible for the collection and use of data is Spatialnode and can be contacted on support[at]spatialnode.net.
We collect various information to enable us offer good service to all our users. Depending on how our service will be used, the different types of personal data we collect are as follows:
- For Registered Users: During the process of your registration, we may collect the following:
- Contact information such as Name, address, phone number, social media user ID, email address, and similar contact data.
- Organization and Contacts Information, such as your employer or organizations that you are a member of, information about your projects in the geospatial space, your status in your organization, and similar data.
- Account Information, such as security-related information (including user names and passwords, authentication methods, and roles), service-related information (including purchase history and account profiles where services are bought or hired), billing-related information (including payment, shipping, and billing information), and similar data.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- User Content, such as content of communications, suggestions, questions, comments, feedback, and other information you send to us, that you provide to us when you contact us, or that you post on our Services (including information in alerts, folders, notes, and shares of content), and similar data.
- Device & Browser Information, such as network and connection information (including Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses), device and browser identifiers and information (including device, application, or browser type, version, plug-in type and version, operating system, user agent, language and time zone settings, and other technical information), advertising identifiers, cookie identifiers and information, and similar data.
- Usage Information and Browsing History, such as usage metrics (including usage rates, occurrences of technical errors, diagnostic reports, settings preferences, backup information, API calls, and other logs), content interactions (including searches, views, downloads, prints, shares, streams, and display or playback details), and user journey history (including clickstreams and page navigation, URLs, timestamps, content viewed or searched for, page response times, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and download errors), advertising interactions (including when and how you interact with marketing and advertising materials, click rates, purchases or next steps you may make after seeing an advertisement, and marketing preferences), and similar data.
- Location Data, such as the location of your device, where you permit such on your access device.
- Demographic Information, such as country and preferred language and similar data.
- Identity Information, such as government-issued identification information, tax identifiers, social security numbers, other government-issued identifiers, and similar data.
- Where services are bought or procured on Spatialnode, Financial Information, such as billing address, credit card information, billing contact details, and similar data.
- Social Media and Online Content, such as information in social media and online profiles, online posts, and similar data.
- Career, Education, and Employment Related Information, such as job preferences or interests, work performance and history, status as a geospatial practitioner, nationality, application information, professional licensure information and related compliance activities, accreditations and other accolades, education history (including schools attended, academic degrees or areas of study, academic performance, and rankings), and similar data.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- For Unregistered User: We will consider passive information from all registered and unregistered users. These information include cookies, IP address information, location information and certain browser information.
We use the following to collect personal data from you
- Cookies: We use data collected by the cookies to offer you the best experience on our website. Cookies are information stored on your browser when you visit our website or use a social network with your PC, smartphone or tablet. They contain various data which includes the name of the server from which it comes, the numeric identifier, etc.
The Google Analytics Service collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of the Analytics Service without affecting how you visit the Websites. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We partner with Microsoft Clarity and Microsoft Advertising to capture how you use and interact with our website through behavioral metrics, heatmaps, and session replay to improve and market our products/services. Website usage data is captured using first and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to determine the popularity of products/services and online activity. Additionally, we use this information for site optimization, fraud/security purposes, and advertising. For more information about how Microsoft collects and uses your data, visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
- Log data: We use log files which store automatic information collected when users visit the website. The log data which may be collected are as follows:
- The domain and host from which you access the website.
- The domain and host from which you access the website.
- Date and time of visit.
- Your computer operating system and browser software.
- Web pages visited the duration and frequency of visit.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
We collect information about you either directly from you, from certain third parties (such as your employer or the subscriber providing access to our Services), or from other sources as may be publicly available.
We use information for the following lawful reasons:
- To Perform a Contract: Where the processing is necessary for the performance of contract on a website.
- Legitimate Interests: Where the processing is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal information.
- Your Consent: Where you have given us consent to process your personal information for specified purposes, such as to provide our Service and other items requested by you, as may be procurable on our platform.
- Compliance with the Law: Where the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
We may utilize third party service providers, from time to time, to help in processing your personal data and help us with our website. We may share your personal data with third parties in order to protect our rights, properties, and safety and for the safety of users of this website. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties, such as your organization and others with whom you have work relationship that provide or publish personal information related to you, such as from our customers when they arrange access to our Services for you or from others when they create, post, or submit user content on our Services that may include your personal information. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we reasonably believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation, to comply with or respond to a legal process or law enforcement or governmental request, to enforce our terms and conditions or other rights (including investigations of potential violations of our rights), to detect, prevent, or address fraud or security issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Spatialnode, our users, or the public.
We process your personal information in connection with our Services and for other business purposes, including to:
- Provide, deliver, analyze, and administer our Services (including in connection with the performance of a contract).
- For internal research and development purposes for new content, products, and services, and to improve, test, and enhance the features and functions of our current Services.
- Process transactions related to our Services and administer accounts or profiles related to you or your organization.
- Personalize and make recommendations related to our Services and other offerings.
- Contact and communicate with you in connection with our Services or other notifications, programs, events, or updates that you may have registered for.
- Send you offers, advertising, and marketing materials, including to provide personalized advertising to you.
- Conduct and communicate with you regarding recruiting and human resources administration.
- Comply with your instructions or to fulfill other, specified purposes for which you have given your consent.
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse to ensure the security and protection of all customers and others, as well as to identify and authenticate your access to our Service or to identify and authenticate you before we provide you with certain information.
- Exercise our rights and to protect our and others' rights and/or property, including to take action against those that seek to violate or abuse our Services.
- Comply with the law and our legal obligations, including to respond to a request or order from a court, regulator, or authority, as well as to fulfill our contractual obligations with our customers when they arrange access to our Services for you.
We may work with certain third party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies.
We take the security of personal data we collect very seriously, and we take reasonable measures to reduce the risk of accidental destruction, loss or unauthorized access to such information. The security of your personal information is important to us. Taking into account the nature, scope, context, and purposes of processing personal information, as well as the risks to individuals of varying likelihood and severity, we have implemented technical and organizational measures designed to protect the security of personal information. However, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable measures designed to protect personal information. Our security procedures also mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you or before we process your other requests.
Your personal date and any other information we have about you may be stored for such period as we may determine until you terminate your account with us or withdraw your consent. You can withdraw your consent to store your personal date at any time, once this is done; all data and personal information we have about you will be deleted. We retain personal information in accordance with our enterprise records retention schedule, which varies by Service, business function, record classes, and record types. We calculate retention periods based upon and reserve the right to retain personal information for the periods that the personal information is needed to: (a) fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, (b) meet the timelines determined or recommended by regulators, professional bodies, or associations, (c) comply with applicable laws, legal holds, and other legal obligations (including contractual obligations), and (d) comply with your requests.
We may allow users to post their works, experience and exhibition on our website. These may include audio, video, updates, images, articles or other materials users choose to display on the website. Please note that any material you may post is made available to the public.
Our Services generally provide information solutions and, as such, our Services are intended for professionals and/or individuals over eighteen (18) years of age. We do not target children and do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).When a user discloses personal information on our Services, that user is representing to us that he or she is at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Your rights in relation to your personal data are protected in accordance with the GDPR and other relevant laws.
As our organization changes over time, this Privacy Statement is expected to change as well. We reserve the right to amend the Privacy Statement at any time, for any reason, and without notice to you other than the posting of the updated Privacy Statement on our Services. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and terms and conditions, but you should check our Services frequently to see the current Privacy Statement that is in effect and any changes that may have been made to it.