I decided to perform a deep dive into the National Bureau of Statistics' Active Internet Subscribers in Nigeria dataset for Q2, Q3, and Q4 2021, in order to show how Nigerians access the internet and which service providers were most popular in different locations.
Here are a few takeaways from my Excel analysis:
· MTN is the most popular and frequently utilized service provider; the southwest and Lagos, respectively, have the biggest number of active internet customers.
· On the other hand, the northeast and Taraba have the fewest active internet customers, respectively.
· MTN is the major internet service provider in all regions. However, Glo was more prevalent in the Middle Belt in Q2: the only service provider to be more popular than MTN in any area.
· MTN, Glo, and Airtel (in that order) are the top three service providers in terms of active customers.
· Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Oyo, and the Federal Capital Territory (in that order) are the top five states with the most active internet customers.
This interactive dashboard can yield a plethora of summaries and insights that could assist prospective and present service providers in making critical business choices.