This project utilized multidimensional data to assess change across various times in sea surface temperatures. I used the dataset to analyze historical trends and predict future outcomes.
My workflow is described below:
- Add data with the Multidimensional Raster Layer dialog
- Configure the raster layer to view different slices of the data
- Analyze changes over time with a Temporal Profile Chart in the Multidimensional tab.
- Use trend line in the chart
- Use the Generate Trend Raster tool to create an estimated temperature trend for each pixel over the entire time series.
- Set the trend type to Harmonic to account for seasonal changes.
- Use the output of the previous tool in the Predict Using Trend Raster tool to predict future values based on the trend raster.
- Calculate anomalies with the Generate Multidimensional Anomaly tool to find spatial regions with the greatest difference from the mean surface temperature.
- Run the Find Argument Statistics tool to measure duration of exposure to specified temperature thresholds.
- Classify symbology of the output layer to two classes and adjust display slices to reveal differences across time in sea surface temperatures that cause coral reef bleaching.